Thursday 20 May 2010

Uplifted

Well, 24 hours is a long time as a pet. Long enough for my mood to brighten and to have experienced a pleasant evening to help me through some of the melancholy that i felt a little earlier.
Some people picked up on the sightly sadder tone than usual in my last blog post. I was merely trying to express how difficult this life can be occasionally. It is not always sunshine and rainbows. But then, what is? I have hopes and expectations like everyone, but patience is a virtue as they always say and I am still content, still proud to be the way i am. More importantly, still adoring of my Mistress and looking forward to seeing her again.

Mistress Rubbergirl, whom, ensured with my care when ever my Mistress is away, was very supportive last night. She took the time to reassure me of the love that both my Mistress and she feel for me. Holding my head and looking into my eyes as she spoke to me, expressing her understanding of my role. The way i live and devote myself to Mistress Loola and how tricky that can be.


Resting my head on her knee and taking in her support as i listened carefully, was very uplifting and i thank her for the time she puts into looking out for me. Even though i am not her property. She seems honoured that Mistress Loola asked her to watch over me and takes that responsibility very seriously. So i always ensure i give her my full attention, trying my best to please her, as i am sure my Mistress would want me to.
When Mistress Loola is away i am her representative in the rubber room. I carry her name over me at all times, so i always aim to be the best pet anyone has ever seen. To make people envious of her. It's a fun game for me to play. *winks*
But, i must thank of course Mistress Loola for being aware of the needs of this pet and having the forethought to ask Mistress Rubbergirl to keep her eye on me. It is another hint towards my Mistress awareness and care. I am a very affectionate pet, who despite my inability to chat to people in a 'normal' manner, does love company and affection. Like most animals do. So i am grateful for her actions. Even from afar.

As the evening rolled on more and more people seemed to appear and join what seems to be becoming 'our' sofa. *smiles* Lycra, Alistair, Viktoria and more joined us to relax and chat. I sit there, happily nuzzling people's boots and listening in on the conversation. I have noticed Mistress Rubbergirl always seems to end up surrounded by lots of people where ever we sit. Maybe she is just very popular, i am not sure. But, it's always a busy and fun time to try and follow.


Viktoria being there last night reminded me of a conversation i had with my Mistress the other day. Mistress Loola pointed out how interesting it was from reading my blog that my view of things shows how it is the 'little' things that matter to a pet.

[2010/05/18 14:01] Loola Lassally: V.I.P.s are not worth a mention, but seemless small things mean alot

This is because when i first met Lady Viktoria, i had no idea who she is. I have no idea who anyone is after all. So, i cannot prejudge people, or be affected by reputation as that stuff is meaningless to me. I can only respond and base my feelings on people by their actions or words. Nothing more.
Lady Viktoria approached me to ask how or where i got my hair the style it is. In a rubbery texture. I did my best to answer her and treated her like any other person. Which, afterwards, Mistress Loola found quite amusing. The fact that supposedly people are normally fawning over her and making a big thing of her presence. Due to the popular boots that she designs.

I was slightly taken aback when Mistress Loola explained this point to me, but i understood the effect that was expressing. I am shaped by my Mistress to see things in a different way and to explore the world as a pet. With her as the centre of all things. If this means that everyone else drifts into the crowd then so be it. As long as i know where my Mistress is, i will be fine *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment